Monday, June 23, 2008

Girl's weekend with Baby Boys

While Ben went to Florida for a conference, my mom, Danette and Blake came into town for a long girl's weekend with the baby boys of course.  We had the best time and am so glad Danette lives somewhat close by.  We had a great time shopping, eating lots of mom's cookies and watching the boys play together... well sort of play together. It had been a few months since the cousins got together and we laughed our heads off while we watched them interact.  Parker is only 3 months older than Blake but seems to be unsatisfied with him as a play mate. Blake is such a mellow and happy kid and we think that might be a good influence on Parker.  

Here Blake is a little unsure of Parker

And after a few good pokes in the face he has reason to be.


However, Parker soon got bored with his cousin and began the "I am bored and unhappy face"

He also seem to get a little bored with all the millions of pictures we took of them together.


The Little Critter
(and the face continues)
If you don't know these books, you have to find them.  The are called "The Little Critter" books by Mercer Mayer and they are hilarious.  The main character is the funniest little boy and we always joke that this is going to be Parker as he grows up.  Parker is notorious for his crazy hair and this face just seemed so appropriate for the picture with his favorite books.  (Ok not really his favorite books but ours to read to him)


Parker's new surf-beach quilt by Grandma Rapp
My mom made this quilt for Parker and I absolutely love it.  She is so talented in the sewing department and well... i am ... not so much.  But luckily I have her to teach me.  There are so many adorable fabrics on this quilt and it really makes me miss the beach.  I love the square that has the shout out to San Diego too.  Thanks Mom.


Here are a few extra pics of Parker lately

I love this picture because he is so happy.  I took it while he was crawling under my chair and I feel like I captured just the right moment.   One reason I love Parker so much is that he loves to be silly, just like his cousin Gracie.


Lazy much?  This is when Parker wanted us to feed him everything.  We tried to stand strong and have him do it himself an this is what we got.





21 comments:

Summer said...

Nice job with all your updates - it was fun to get caught up. I love the Little Critter look that Parker has got going and I love all the chocolate you guys have been enjoying : ) The yard looks awesome too!

Sarah Palfreyman said...

Debbie...LOVE the picture of Parker when he's under your chair. LOVE the picture of him holding the Little Critter book. I had no idea the "P-man" had so many facial expressions.

Lezlie said...

HaHa... I love that! Although I will say, I am not too sure about anyone that will not work a little for food. I just don't get it!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I love Parker's "bored" face. It's awesome. And when your mom teaches you to quilt like that, you need to teach me (I feel a craft night coming on!)

Jenn said...

Hi Deb, it's Jenn McQuarrie (Mini). I found you on Cam's blog. It's so good to see what you've been up to. I know that it's been a long time since we've talked because I didn't even know you had a little boy. Parker is adorable and looks like so much fun. Keep in touch with us... fossumfamily.blogspot.com

Jess said...

Ok Deb - Seriously, I love to read your blog cause it cracks me up! P-man's face is awesome! Miss you guys! That CAKE! SOOO GOOD!

The Bentley's said...

cute pictures!!! love the lazy much... i'll have to try those books. he sure is a cutie!! oh, and gilrs weekends rule

Rolph Family said...

Hi Debbie! I just saw your link from Lezlie Wagner's blog. Your little boy is darling. We are actually not too far from you in St. Louis. Glad to see you guys are doing well. Email me at jenniferrolph@gmail.com and I will add you to our blog.

Jennifer(Payne)Rolph

Kristin said...

Wow! I can't believe how big your little boy is...he's so adorable! Those brownies look absolutely delicious. I think I might have to try out the recipe sometime :)

To get to the drive in, you just turn right onto Mayfield rd and head east for about 10-15 miles. It's a little past the ski resort. It's right on Mayfield rd, so you can't miss it. You'll defintiley have to check it out, we love it!!

sara said...

Didn't know you guys had a blog. Cool. So--can I get that recipe for the brownies? They look amazing!!! And--where do you get that Belgium chocolate?

Miriam said...

Parker has gotten so big! Don't you just love being a mom? I too love those books but haven't even thought to read them to Hannah yet. She has her favorites and isn't too interested in new ones most of the time. It was good to see you at Crystal's shower, too bad we didn't get to chat more. That's what happens when we're in different wards, we never see any of you shaker people any more! We're going to have to fix that.

Heather said...

I didn't know you were blogging. So hello. Love your pictures. I can't believe how much Parker has grown since we saw him in December. He's so cute- LOVE the hair and the face. Ahh too cute. I also love the quilt- when summer is over and C.A. is town more regularly I am going to have her teach me how to make a simple quilt....cause I too am sewing challenged! See you 3 next week! :0)

Eric and Katie said...

We love all the picts. Parker is such a doll, and his hair is hilarious! We can't wait to see you guys in about a week - hooray! Love ya!

PalsRWe said...

Your blog is sooo cute. I Love reading all the fun updates since I hardly ever get to see you.. Life is always so crazy & busy. And your yard looks so beautiful, great Job.... Where did you get your exersausor (sp)? I like the looks of it.. We are shopping around for one for Kaedyn..
Hope to see you soon. KIley

Yonker Family said...

Surfs up dude, I love the quilt. We have that Little Critter book and my kids still love it, they love looking for the cricket and spider in each picture. I remember liking those books when I was little too. I love Parkers bright blue eyes, he is one cute little guy.

Tracey said...

Thanks for the well wishes, it's great to hear from you. Parker is so cute! I love those little critter books as well and now will always think of him when we read them! I still can't believe we met Mia, what a small world. So who do you know in Japan? Maybe we can have them over for dinner? :)

Kathy said...

Debbie- I came across your blog through Lezlie's. Your little boy is so adorable. Good to see you guys are doing well. :)
Our blog is www.thebillsfamily.blogspot.com
Kathy Joslyn

Ben and Laurie said...

Wow! He's getting big. Not just his eyes either! I love having cousins the same ages as my kids--save the pics so you can tease them about them later when they are best buds! Take care--what a cute family you are!

Dane and Natalie said...

I love your blog! It is so much fun getting to know your family better by reading this! We just started one too. Check us out if you want danenati.blogspot.com. Hope you're having fun on your vacation!

Ben and Laurie said...

Such cute kids! I love the quilt too.

Can you email me your email address at laurie_elmore27@yahoo.com so I can send a blog invite to you?

Thanks!

Dave and Loralee said...

so...how's this blogging thing working for you? :)