Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Maybe the best Monday ever...

No one looks forward to Monday, especially after a great weekend.  However this past Monday might have been just one of the best.  There was nothing really significant that happened but maybe that is why I enjoyed it so much.    Just a simple, perfect day.   

Here is what happened:

1.  Parker slept a half hour later than usual
2.  Ben didn't have to be in early 
3.  Therefore, Ben changed Parker's big morning diaper and got his milk while I laid in bed
4.  I went on the best run I have had in a good couple of weeks
5.  Parker and I went to CostCo and had some yummy new samples together
6.  Gas was so cheap I had to double check my receipt
7.  The weather was sunny, warm, and beautiful with the fall leaves
8.  We met up with some great friends at the park
9.  I cleaned the refrigerator (it has the best return of cleaning anything and I love doing it)
10.  Ben got home early :)
11.  I made a really good, healthy dinner............yes, it was good, healthy and I am still proud 
12.  I gave Parker a bath and watched him happily splash and play without a care in the world
13.  We read extra bedtime stories
14.  Ram emailed some pics so Ben and I reminisced about our great weekend 

Here are a few pics

Parker and Ben playing Whirly Ball.  What is Whirly Ball you ask?  It is like lacrosse on bumper cars.... seriously.

Ben, Parker and Ram   
If only Parker would smile like the big boys

Parker is having a snack at the flag football game
But he gave up on the sandwich and went for the tomato instead
After getting bored I gave him some oreos
The sweet trophy


This was perfect football weather.  
Thanks Ram!




4 comments:

Summer said...

Gotta love a day like that. I'm with you - simple is great : )

And Parker is SO old

Dave and Loralee said...

YES! Girl Nights are still happening! The next 2 are at Bridi's house (do you know her? if not, let me know and I'll call you with directions to her house). We'll be in Cali checking out places to live for the 1st one, and then I'm using her cricut so we just thought we'd do it at her house that next week.
So you played flag football? SO MUCH FUN! I'm just waiting anxiously for you to join us in our hard core weights class at the gym :) And yes, Monday was an AWESOME DAY! Could we have asked for better weather??? I think I might want whatever healthy recipe you made for dinner :)

The Marquardt Family said...

Sounds like a perfect day! I love to hear that you are all doing so well. Keep posting, I love the pictures and love to catch up. You guys look great. miss you and love you lots

Lexie said...

Sounds like such a fun day. It's amazing hoe sometimes the little days are the best. It was so fun to read your blog. Paarker is so cute, no wonder you have such fun with him. We're glad everything is going so well!