Sunday, October 19, 2008

Vermont! ...with a little bit of Niagara and Boston

We had an amazing trip to Vermont with the Larson fam.  We started by all meeting up in Cleveland, then headed to Niagara Falls and a few church sites on the way, and ended with a couple of days in Boston.  

Here are the boys checking out the view of the falls from our hotel.  We had  great time on the Maid of the Mist and an "interesting" tour of the town.   What a view though.
Hands down, the best dessert ever!  
At the Canadian TGI Fridays they had my all time favorite dessert, Oreo Madness.   It was just as good as I remembered.   TGIF took it away a few years ago and life hasn't been the same since.  If heaven doesn't have this, I am not sure I want to go...


We stopped at the Hill Cumorah and a few other historical church sites.  I am so sorry I don't have the photos of Thayne (Ben's dad) rolling down the hill.  It was awesome and I knew Parker was proud of his grandpa.

Here are the lovebirds taking in the sites

We stayed at an unbelievable cabin up in the mountains of Vermont.  From there we took a few day trips up north and just enjoyed being together at the house.  I loved running up there because everything was uphill and the scenery was breathtaking.

We had an early birthday party for Parker.  His favorite part was playing with the cars that came from the top of the cake.

Day Trips
Parker loves to pretend to drive.  I think he has a car fetish like his mom and dad.
A cute little roadside antique store with some yummy homemade treats.  


Boston
We had a great time switching over into city life after rural Vermont.  We saw a bunch of sites, visited Joseph at Harvard, got stuck in the rain, and did some shopping.

This is my kind of shopping.  Marshalls, H&M and TJ Maxx all next door to one another.
Parker showing off his comfy ride (and sweet shoes from Auntie J).

Nathan and I taking in the sites .  I think I could hang out with him forever.  He is hilarious.
After all of it we were exhausted and sad to see a great trip come to an end.

After posting this I realized we are missing a lot of family pics we need to get...

11 comments:

Forsythe said...

I totally remember that Oreo desert. We used to go o TGIF just for that! Thanks for the memory and picture to torture me!

Matt and Joanna said...

Parker looks SO big sleeping on the bed! I'm glad you guys had a such a fun trip and a fun time celebrating the little man's b-day! I'm sad we're not going to get to see you this week. Have fun with all of the family!

The Larsons said...

We just LOVE Boston. And all the church history. So fun that you got to have a vacation with family. Debbie, you look SO amazing! I can tell you must be running! Fun stuff!

Unknown said...

Deb-myster!!! so its officially been waaaay to long since I've talked to you.... whats up with that?? well you have the cutest family ever! Parker is soo big and cute! I still have never even met the kid, but whatever.... are you guys moving back to AZ?? cause thats the buzz around these parts. well, you are lookin fabulous yourself, and I would love love love to see you the next time you come to AZ- which I am guessing is soon with all the holidays coming up??? keep up the posting!! t.t.f.n!!! xoxo j.j.

Heather said...

welcome back to blogland! i have a pair of vans for Rowan too! Looks like a fun trip :0) you guys have fun in california!

Heather said...

welcome back to blogland! i have a pair of vans for Rowan too! Looks like a fun trip :0) you guys have fun in california! and i hear ya on marshalls and tj maxx- love them.

Lea Tame said...

Debbie! How are you? I'm s glad I found your blog. Maranda and I talk about how much we miss you all the time! How are you? Your family is so cute!

Jess said...

Hi Deb, Ben and Park-man!! I miss you guys! Looks like you guys had a great summer, hope you are enjoying the beautiful Ohio fall!!

Marilyn said...

Cute blog! Sounds like you had fun on your trips. Good for you! I love your ideal shopping pic, that is great i love those stores too. You can get such nice things for half the price!

Carrie Anne said...

fun to finally catch up on your bloggy! seeing all of your pictures & fun adventures really makes me miss the east!!!! lucky! i hope things are going well for you!

The Powell-Mirci Family! said...

LOVE Boston! And Parkers hair!!

So many posts, so many comments! :)